World Biennial of Student Photography
The Biennial and associated conference is in part organised by Mia Cuk – an Alumna of the MA Photographic Studies
Dear colleagues and students,
This is to inform you that the deadline for applying to the World Biennial of Student Photography has been extended.
The exhibition and conference is held in NOVI SAD Serbia – please see link for entry details, prizes etc
You can send your works until 5th November 2017.
We are looking forward to receiving your works.
For further information visit:
The World Biennial of Student Photography team:
ORGANIZER: AKADEMIJA UMETNOSTI
Djure Jaksica 7, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
1. The World Biennial of Student Photography is open to all undergraduate and graduate students of academies and colleges where the discipline of photography is part of the curriculum.
2. Theme: there is no prescribed theme to the competition; we welcome all subjects and themes realized within the study programme. All photographs must represent the student’s original work created as part of photographic practice at their educational institution.
3. All participants must be full or part-time students enrolled into an academic institution (university or college) at the time of applying for the competition. If the works are shortlisted for awards, we will ask for a confirmation of enrolment from the student’s home university.
4. Number of works: each student can send up to 10 photographs from only one photographic series or body of work. This can be accompanied with a short description of the work (up to 200 words). If the work is in the form of a photo book, please send both the selection of up to 10 photographs and provide a link to the page where the whole book is presented.
5. Format: the shorter side of the image should not exceed 35cm, 300 dpi sRGB, JPG or PDF. The files should not exceed 10 MB per image. The name of the photography files must contain the name and surname of the student. For example if student’s name is Johann Strauss the file name should be Johann Strauss 1.jpg, Johann Strauss 2.jpg…
6. Technique: There are no limitations on techniques or realization of the photographs.
7. There is no entry fee.
8. Apply through the online form and submit all required materials at http://app.studentbiennial-ns.com
Submission deadline has been extended to
5th November 2017.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1st prize: 1000€
2nd prize: 600 €
3rd prize: 300€
3 Honourable mentions
Special prize awarded by non-government organization “Vojvodina OK” for the best student project in the national category.
Copyright © 2017 Academy of Arts University of Novi Sad, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you were in our contact list as a former participant of World Biennial.
Our mailing address is:
Academy of Arts University of Novi Sad
Djure Jaksica 7
Novi Sad 21101
THURSDAY 21 JUNE, 6PM – 10PM
FRIDAY 22 – SUNDAY 24 JUNE, 10AM – 7PM
Monday 25 June, 10am – 4pm
T1, OLD TRUMAN BREWERY, 81 BRICK LANE, LONDON E1 6QL
MA Photojournalism alumnus Jason Larkin is now showing at Flowers Gallery
Jason Larkin Past Perfect
Centred around questions of authenticity and the representation of collective histories, Past Perfect (2008 – 2016), is a new series of photographs by British photographer Jason Larkin, highlighting the visual presentation of war and conflict within public museums around the world.